7.09.2004

Happy One Month!

It has been one month today since I first arrived in Bangalore! One month has really gone by quickly. To celebrate my first month I went out with a couple of work friends to a pub called 13th Floor. I must say that I was very impressed with the place. The pub was on the 13th Floor of a business center called Barton Center on MG Road. The decor was very much a posh bar that you would see in Los Angeles or San Francisco where you go to want to be scene. If I didn't know any better I would think I was in Skybar over looking Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. It had a very mod style and of course because its India the service was quite excellent. The place was pretty hip and it had a nice outdoor seating area where you can view the Bangalore skyline. The drinks were pretty tasty, I don't quite remember how much they cost. It wasn't that I was drunk but I just didn't pay any attention to it. There was a good mixture of male and women but of course the men still outnumbered the women by far. The only thing that I must complain about though is the music. They were playing late 80s early 90s music. And it was too loud. Its very hard to have any conversations. Throughout the night the music just gets louder and louder. I wonder why the pub owners prefer this. It definitely kills conversations.

Earlier in the day I met with up some people from Oracle. Remember my first day in Bangalore? How I heard electronic music coming out of a hall at a club resort? Well I finally met the people in charge of the party and had a great conversation with them. Yes I had found the scene my first day but it was just a matter of time getting introduced to them. I am pretty excited about the future party scene...it is definitely underground here, they don't even know who many of the famous DJs that we know about - in Bangalore it is still in its infancy stage and I am curious to see how they have fun here. They mentioned that Goa still has the best parties in India! How exciting! Slowly but surely my social life is becoming alive again!

No comments: