7.23.2004

Monsoon Sickness

I woke up on Thursday morning with a really bad sore throat.  It didn't bother me much until this morning. I woke up with a slight fever, throat and neck completely inflamed, vision a little blurry and some pressure around my forehead.  I could hardly get up without feeling worse so I stayed in bed all day trying to recover. I decided to call a doctor. Its very unusual for me to call a doctor immediately but since I was living in a different country I thought I would be on the safe side at first. I called the reception to call a doctor. The doctor came and did a check up. The doctors here actually do house visits. That was great! Because I did not want to have to ride the bumpy roads just to get to one. The cost was $11 for the house visit (for the BEST doctor) and $3.33 for the medicine she prescribed. Wow! I was really impressed...I was feeling extremely sick and a couple of hours after I took the medicine I was feeling almost 80%. I was able to get up, my headache went away, and my swollen throat eased up. I was so amazed.  This is the fastest recovery to any sickness I've ever encountered.


No comments: