1.22.2005

Culture Shock Deuce?

I am back! After a two month stint in the US I am back in Bangalore! So how do I feel? I am actually pretty excited. Here's why:

1. a new DVD/VCD rental store opened up on my street
2. Kylie has a new patch of grass on the roof of the house (8x10). It’s pretty nice grass too! I can rant about Kylie taking FOREVER to go pee/poo outside. She's so picky...she smells the other dogs and doesn't like it. So she takes an average of 1 hour before she'll finally go outside...but now she's got her own garden on the top of the roof. What a spoiled dog!!!
3. the owner of the house is going to build me a deck just outside of my bedroom….it is under construction (HAHAHA! Of course it is!!!) and the funny part is I will get to enjoy the dust sitting outside
4. my apartment is finally clean
5. I will get cable soon…I hope…once I figure out what the card is so I can install its driver


What is NOT COOL!

1. my new roommates….COCKROACHES!!!! eeeeek. They are so huge!
2. the DUST DUST DUST DUST

So far so good though! Let's see how things go in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Welcome back. I am a Bangalorean too who returned after quite sometime in the states and trust me it's really hard finding your old Rhythm. I am trying to get in touch with some of my old friends. Until then I am stuck at home browsing the NET, renting DVD's or reading whatever I can get my hands on. If interested you can e-mail me @ myjavamailid@yahoo.com and maybe we could discuss Bangalore and lots of other stuff.

Good Luck,
-M.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Welcome back as well...im a indian, but born and raised in the US (actually from Bakersfield, CA..believe it or not). But im a Bangalorean at heart (all my extended family is there). Ran across ur blog from Sepia Mutiny. I'll be in Bangalore for the greater part of the next 4 years, as i'll be slogging through medical school. So maybe i'll run across ya on the crazy streets and other haunts of Bangalore sometime.

Cheers,
-P.