3.22.2005

Royal House of Mysore Fashion Show


Palace Bangalore

Last Thursday I attended the Royal House of Mysore Fashion Show at the Palace Bangalore hosted by the Maharaja & Queen of Mysore. There were approximately 800 guests. I was invited through the Overseas Women’s Club. I knew that $20 membership would eventual pay off!!!! It sure was fun hanging out with Bangalore’s cream of the crop. It was a very good mix of foreigners and Bangaloreans. It was pure eye candy; my friend and I enjoyed people watching! I got to wear my sari again!! But it was the same sari that I had worn at another event. I need to expand my collection. A girl can’t wear the same sari twice!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cecilia,
Sorry if this is weird - I randomly spotted your link off the sepiamutiny website, and thought I'd just write to say hello. I am moving to Bangalore in June for about 6 months; I've been to India several times, but never south of Maharastra. If you get a chance, it would be great to talk to you more about your experiences there. Thanks, Niketa

Anonymous said...

oops... i suppose an e-mail address would help. You can reach me at nkulkarn@umich.edu. Thanks again!