6.18.2005

Life As Under Construction

It's been a couple months since I've last written in this blog. I am now back in Portland, OR, USA. Back in the good 'ol Pacific Northwest. I left Bangalore, India on May 4th, this time I didn't miss my flight. The journey back was very memorable. I met may foreigners on the flight who just started working in Bangalore for different MNCs. I quickly understood how Bangalore was continuing to grow at an exponential rate. I wondered how Bangalore - the local government and its people would keep up. I did notice how quickly my own neighborhood grow, from new DVD stores to new grocery stores to a new car dealership. But the infrastructure is lacking and during the 10 months that I was there I hardly saw any improvement. I know that the locals and the expats are frustrated that nothing is being done.

What is being planned? Is the government just that corrupt? It's just so complex. But Bangalore just seems so far away now. I am still trying to make sense of my whole stay there. I was there for 10 months, not enough time really to truly absorb Bangalore and India. By the time I was leaving life was really beginning to flow there but it was time to go. I had a positive international experience and was ready to further advance my career back in the US. I would love to go back to Bangalore in another 5 years and see how it's changed.

I still plan to continue this blog. I've enjoyed reading the comments, critics, praises and feedback from everyone around the world. Please keep it up. Until tomorrow......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interestin experience in India.
Check out the new growth in bangalore.

http://bangaloretechspot.blogspot.com/

http://lekiosk.blogspot.com

http://paypacket.blogspot.com

RaiBoy said...

Thanks for your concerns about the city. Hopefully we should see soem progress, but its just the hope. Hope you see a much improved b'lore on your next visit;)

Anonymous said...

I'm from Seattle, and planning to move to Bangalore in a few weeks. Any advice, especially as concerns being a woman in a foreign country?

Anonymous said...

HI!

I was so excited to see your blog! I am in Phoenix, but it looks like I may have to move to Bangalore. I would really like to talk to you!

Shannon
shannyrenee17@yahoo.com

bengaluru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bengaluru said...

Feels good to read about your experiences in Bangalore!
The City is still under construction and she will probably be renamed Bengaluru(Bengalooru). Hope you all get "Benga-lured" atleast once rather than gettting Bangalored ;)

PS: The poem in one of the previous posts is really touching!