6.10.2004

Incredible India

Incredible India. That's what she says! I feel like I am in the Philippines!!!! I am in Mumbai. Its so HOT and HUMID here! (and kinda stinky). I sweat everything out!!! Its so colorful...lots of saris and salwar kameezes. Anyway, its not as bad as I thought it would be. No masses of beggars waiting outside...but of course it is 2am in the morning...but it could be worse I suppose. Next stop bangalore..then I am at my new home. I am amazed that I can access the internet from the domestic airline. Its 50 rupees/hour. That's around $1.05/hr. I had a very nice man help me out from BOM intern'l airport to domestic. Baggage claim was pretty chaotic...there was no order at all. In fact the whole process at the airport was non-existant. Lots of pointing and very laid back attitude. Putting your bags through x-ray was really just a waste of time. No one was even scanning. They look at you funny when you ask a question, or maybe they are just looking at ME funny. Most of the Indians I've encountered are kind of confused as to why I am here. Oh well...next stop Bangalore.

No comments: