6.23.2004

Just floating by.....

Not much has been happening this week so it is making me homesick. Just waiting to take training courses at work...not much friends to go out with yet at night. I am still not comfortable with going out at night because I still don't really know my way around. AND I don't have my own vehicle where I can just drive around, I have to take public transportation such as auto-rickshaws. Those can be tricky because I've been told that I have to be careful with them. If they know I am not from the area they will take me for a ride around town just so they can charge me more. So I really do have to start dressing like a local and maybe picking up their way of talk so I don't get taken advantage of. I am having two salwar kameezes made so hopefully that will help me look more like I am from here. I am getting more and more used the Bangalore and I really can't wait to finally move into my new apartment. Everything here really takes a long time to do, its really amazing how things still function here. I just don't get it! Being from the States I am very used to everything being INSTANT! I thought I was already a very patient person but this place is really testing me. Hopefully something exciting will happen this weekend! I am planning to go to Mysore and hope I will have a friend to go with me!

No comments: