6.23.2004

Working out here has been a little challenging. Back in Portland, Brandon and I used to work out at least 4 times a week. So I consider myself pretty fit. I have stopped for the last two weeks since I got here. The first time I attempted I was able to work out for only 30 minutes before my heart rate shot up through the roof, my head started to get dizzy, my vision turned foggy and blurry and I almost felt like puking. All I did was ride a bike with resistance at level 2 and did some bi-cep curls. That was horrible. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I thought it was all the pollution I was inhaling and that it was already affecting my health!!! But then Brandon mentioned that Bangalore must be at a higher elevation than Portland. I came to learn that Bangalore is around 3,500 ft. above sea level and Portland is only around 175 ft. above sea level. So I have resorted to doing pushups, situps and squats at home until I acclimate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nick Beam says,

Your physical shape isn't the only thing that is effected. Have you found that it is easier to feel the effects of alcohol also. Whenever I am in a city that is of high elevation, it seams that I get drunker quicker....Maybe that is because I was just on vacation..